EV Engineering News

Nidec and Embraer to jointly develop an electric propulsion system for the aerospace industry

Japanese electric motor manufacturer Nidec and Brazilian aircraft manufacturer Embraer have established a joint venture (JV) company, Nidec Aerospace, to develop electric propulsion systems for the aerospace sector. Nidec will own a 51% share of the JV and Embraer will own the remaining 49%.

The newly-established company will develop and manufacture the electric propulsion system for eVTOL vehicles, with the aim of providing the system to non-eVTOL vehicles in the future.

Nidec Aerospace’s launch customer will be the eVTOL manufacturer of Eve Air Mobility.

“Technological innovation will be a key contributor to the International Civil Aviation Organization’s (ICAO) commitment to carbon neutrality by 2050, making Nidec Aerospace a natural extension of both companies,” said Michael Briggs, Senior VP and President of the Motion & Energy Business Unit at Nidec.

Source: Nidec

Create Account. Already Registered? Log In

Virtual Conference on EV Engineering: Free to Attend

Don't miss our next Virtual Conference on April 15-18, 2024. Register for the free webinar sessions below and reserve your spot to watch them live or on-demand.


EV Engineering Webinars & Whitepapers

EV Tech Explained