FEV’s Mobile Charging Analyzer provides in-depth charging communication and power evaluation as part of vehicle-level benchmark capabilities. The analyzer allows for flexible testing at various locations, and real-time measurement of all signal parameters via Control Pilot and PLC (power line communication), which records the communication between the charging station and the vehicle.
Examples of measurement capabilities with the Mobile Charging Analyzer include:
- Measurement of AC and DC voltage and current
- Recording of the on-board charger (OBC) in the same log file for further analysis
- High-resolution waveform analysis via oscilloscope
“The vehicle charging benchmark from FEV can support different levels of detail with the right equipment for every use case,” said Andreas Sehr, FEV’s Director of Electrification. “In-depth fault analysis of electrical and communication signals by FEV charging experts provides the status of vehicle compatibility with different charging stations.”
A complete charger compatibility campaign addresses:
- Efficient route planning
- Test planning for charging events based on standards or FEV templates tailored to customer needs
- Support for vehicle instrumentation to supplement charging analyzer measurements
- Engineering support for root cause analysis and solution finding in case of compatibility issues
FEV’s Mobile Charging Analyzer has broad technical specifications for voltage and control pilot requirements. It acts as the middleman between the vehicle and public charging stations, synchronizing the logging of vehicle CAN messages for comparison and providing waveform data for analysis of grid and CP waveforms. Supported standards include ISO 15118, IEC 61851, DIN 70121, SAE J1772 for testing in Europe, Oceania and North America. GB/T and CHAdeMO standards for Asia can also be supported.