Michigan-based parts supplier BorgWarner will acquire Delphi Technologies in an all-stock transaction that values Delphi at about $3.3 billion. BorgWarner stockholders are expected to own about 84 percent of the combined company. Delphi stockholders are expected to own the remaining 16 percent. BorgWarner and Delphi estimate they generated net sales of $10.17 billion and $4.36… Read more »
Posts Tagged: Delphi
Delphi Technologies and Cree have partnered to use Cree’s silicon carbide semiconductor technology in Delphi’s electronic systems for EVs. The partnership will combine Cree’s silicon carbide-based metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors (MOSFETs) with Delphi’s traction drive inverters and DC/DC converters and chargers, aiming to extend driving range and provide faster charging times. To start, Cree’s MOSFETs will… Read more »
Delphi Technologies has begun volume production of an 800 V silicon carbide (SiC) inverter. The component uses silicon carbide-based metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistor (MOSFET) technology. Delphi’s announcement follows a recent partnership with SiC semiconductors manufacturer Cree, which will combine Cree’s MOSFETs with Delphi’s traction drive inverters and DC/DC converters and chargers. Delphi’s new inverters are supported… Read more »
Delphi Technologies plans to introduce what it says is the first combined inverter and DC/DC converter in China. The addition of these components is expected to create a more efficient and cost-effective way to deliver increased power density in a smaller and lighter package. The potential to deliver more efficient electric propulsion systems has already… Read more »
Delphi Automotive (NYSE: DLPH) has unveiled a new 48-volt mild hybrid vehicle solution. The company says it is working with two global automakers on the system, and it could go into production within 18 months. Delphi’s mild hybrid technology, which it showcased in a Honda Civic diesel, uses electrification to minimize the demand on the… Read more »
Sheetak Inc. announced that it has secured a $4.7 million contract with the Department of Energy to develop a thermal energy storage system for EVs.