EVSE manufacturer ClipperCreek has unveiled a new expansion card for its HCS line of Level 2 charging stations.
COSMOS, which can be added to any HCS series charging station for $184, was designed for developers, system operators, and system integrators – it features a simple digital load management interface, as well as UART Serial Communication interface for more advanced connection to third-party monitoring and control systems.
Available UART Serial commands include:
- Set EVSE Pilot (available power) level – 5 levels
- Monitor vehicle connected status
- Monitor EVSE active/inactive status
- View advanced EVSE diagnostics information
Digital Load Management Interface features include:
- Four levels of output power control
- Optically-coupled Open Collector output – pulled low when EVSE makes power available for charging
“Many companies desire integration of EV charging with existing building energy management systems,” said ClipperCreek President and founder Jason France. “COSMOS is a comprehensive interface that can be utilized by a variety of systems, but is extremely affordable.”
“COSMOS allows users to easily add EV charging to existing building and energy management or other control infrastructure, leveraging what they already have in place to get the features they need at the best value,” added Director of Sales Will Barrett. “The COSMOS digital and serial interfaces are both being successfully used by several companies and developers today.”