Sensata Technologies has announced the availability of its new GV210 series of hermetically sealed, gas-filled contactors for applications carrying up to 150 A at 12 to 900 VDC. The series is the latest addition to Sensata’s GIGAVAC brand product line, and is suitable as the main contactor for applications such as forklifts, home energy storage and small EVs, as well as the pre-charge contactor in larger battery pack applications such as utility-scale energy storage and large EVs.
Sensata says that the GV210 can carry up to 150 A continuously with low power losses. Capable of high pulse currents for fuse coordination, the contactor is also able to switch loads, enabling safe operation. The hermetic seal exceeds IP67 and IP69 and prevents oxidation, allowing for reliable operation in corrosive or wet applications across a mechanical life of one million cycles. The GV210 series is suitable for use in a wide variety of installations in hazardous operating environments.
This series is suitable for the following types of battery systems:
- Main contactor solution for EVs with small battery packs
- Applications with continuous power levels in the 3kW to 100kW range, such as forklifts, aerial work platforms (AWPs), automated guided vehicles (AGVs), golf carts, motorcycles, drones, home energy storage and small battery pack chargers
- Li-ion battery chargers
- Battery charger applications in which contactors play a critical safety role, such as keeping the plug unenergized when it is not plugged into a compatible battery pack
- Pre-charge contactors for large battery system startup
- Pre-charge circuits in applications such as utility-scale energy storage and large EVs
“Due to this series, which helps to complete our contactor portfolio, we can now be a one-stop-shop for customers’ circuit needs across a wide range of battery pack sizes. This, in turn, simplifies our customers’ design and sourcing processes,” explains John Kluza, Product Marketing Manager at Sensata.
To learn more about the GV210 Series, view the specification sheet and application note.