NASA holds a slew of patents on EV-related technology, including battery management systems, ultracapacitors, modular robotic vehicles, composite materials and more.
- Solid-State Ultracapacitor for Improved Energy Storage
- Battery Charge Equalizer System
- Battery Management System
- Modular Robotic Vehicle (MRV)
- Internal Short Circuit Testing Device to Improve Battery Designs
- Li-ion Cell Calorimeter
- Model-Based Prognostics for Batteries
Did you know the agency is licensing the technologies to automotive companies through a simple online procedure?
Manufacturers can search NASA’s database of automotive technology, apply for a license by submitting a commercialization plan, negotiate terms with a NASA licensing manager, and sign the agreement.