Renesas Electronics recently introduced the ZSSC4132—an automotive pressure sensor solution featuring an integrated certified LIN v2.2a interface. Available in a single-package compact form factor, the sensor signal conditioner (SSC) is designed for EV climate control systems.
Renesas says the AEC-Q100 qualified ZSSC4132 can be configured for nearly all resistive bridge sensors.
“HVAC plays a significant role in EV battery range, and OEMs are looking for ways to improve system efficiency while maintaining high performance and staying within tight cost constraints,” said Renesas VP Christian Wolf. “With the ZSSC4132, customers can access a complete SSC solution that is already LIN certified, allowing them to easily and cost-effectively scale their HVAC system development for mid-range up to high-end EVs and hybrids.”
ZSSC4132 features include:
- LIN v2.2a certification with backward compatibility to LIN v1.3, v2.0, and v2.1
- Differential bridge sensor input that enables accuracy at ±0.5% full-scale output for temperatures ranging from -40° C to 150° C
- 12- to 14-bit ADC resolution
- Slave node position detection feature at the LIN bus, allowing the SSC to assign a unique ID to the device
- Overvoltage and reverse-polarity protection circuitry
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- Multiple diagnostic features
The ZSSC4132 is available now in a 4 mm x 4 mm, 24-lead QFN package with prices starting at $1.38 per unit in 10,000-unit quantities. An evaluation kit for the ZSSC4132 is also available now, with prices starting at $185.