Ricardo has released a 2019.2 update of its powertrain design and optimization software. The company hopes the update will help customers more quickly deliver cleaner and more efficient products to market.
The Ricardo development team focused on the scope, accuracy, and speed of simulation, as well as integration and co-simulation between individual analysis operations and software using both Ricardo and third-party products.
Key enhancements in the 2019.2 release include:
- New modeling capabilities in IGNITE for the development of xEV (electrified) motorcycles
- An increase in solution speed for the ENGDYN engine dynamics simulation package
- New predictive combustion models for performance simulation product WAVE and faster than real-time WAVE-RT
- New solver for VECTIS with combustion engine simulation capabilities including dynamic cut cell method for moving boundaries
- New spray and wall film physics and advanced turbulence combustion models
Ricardo says the speed enhancements – most notably in the latest update to the ENGDYN software – will enable customers to run more simulations and reduce development time. Ricardo also hopes the latest improvements in detailed analysis – such as that featured in the latest SABR gear, shaft and bearing package – will allow customers to do more in the design phase and lead to potential cost reductions.
Felipe Brandao, VP of Product Management at Ricardo Software, said, “This latest release will provide our customers with significant enhancements in terms of accuracy and speed, as well as in the fidelity of simulation in representing the key underlying physics of the products they are designing, developing and optimizing.”