fbpx

EV Engineering News

DOE: US plug-in vehicles consumed nearly 2 TWh of electricity in 2017

American drivers are plugging in, and they’re beginning to consume substantial amounts of electricity, according to new figures from the DOE.

Plug-in vehicles in the US consumed 1.94 TWh of electricity in 2017 – nearly 100 times more than the measly 0.02 TWh consumed in 2011, says the DOE.

Furthermore, the share of consumption from pure EVs has increased compared to that of PHEVs. In 2017, pure EVs accounted for about 57% of all plug-in vehicle electricity consumption, while PHEVs accounted for the remaining 43%.

 

Source: DOE via Green Car Congress

Comment
Comments
Create Account. Already Registered? Log In

Virtual Conference on EV Engineering: Free to Attend

The sessions from our Fall 2022 Virtual Conference are now available to view on-demand. Register for a session below to watch the recording and download the presentation.

LOAD MORE SESSIONS

EV Engineering Webinars & Whitepapers

EV Tech Explained