Search Results Found For: "Nidec Motor"

Airbus chooses Nidec Leroy-Somer to create electric motors for its hydrogen fuel cell engine

Airbus hopes to launch a zero-emission commercial aircraft by 2035. French electric motor maker Nidec Leroy-Somer will create an electric motor for its hydrogen fuel cell engine prototype. Airbus will test its fuel cell engine prototypes on ground benches. After certification and validation, in-flight testing will continue. “We have been selected by Airbus to provide… Read more »

Japanese motor maker Nidec to build $715-million plant in Mexico

Japanese electric motor maker Nidec is planning to invest about $715 million to build a plant in Mexico to make electric car motors. CEO Shigenobu Nagamori told Nikkei that construction is expected to begin some time in the next two years, and that the company’s focus will be on manufacturing products in a region to… Read more »

Nidec supplies Geely’s ZEEKR 001 with new 200 kW E-axle traction motor

Nidec has announced that it will supply its Ni200Ex 200 kW E-Axle traction motor system to Geely’s ZEEKR 001 EV. ZEEKR 001 users can choose either a single-motor or a dual-motor type (with a motor installed in the vehicle’s front and the rear). For the dual-motor version, the maximum output is 400 kW, maximum torque… Read more »

Nidec announces in-wheel motor prototype

Motor manufacturer Nidec has announced a prototype for an in-wheel EV traction motor. The company aims to begin mass production of the motor around 2023. The prototype motor fits within the wheel hubs of an EV, a design which Nidec claims allows for higher efficiency and lighter, more compact designs than motors occupying the engine… Read more »

Nidec’s E-Axle integrated traction motor system to be used in new Chinese EV

Nidec, which was founded in 1973 as a Japanese manufacturer of small electric motors, and now employs some 100,000 people in 40 countries, has developed an integrated traction motor system called the E-Axle. Nidec’s E-Axle fully integrates the reduction gearbox and inverter. Designed to be compact and lightweight, it weighs only 83 kg, and offers… Read more »

Nidec’s new E-Axle integrated traction motor system

The 45-year-old Nidec Corporation has unveiled a fully integrated traction motor system. Nidec’s E-Axle is based on an earlier design that included an integrated inverter. The new design also integrates an electric motor and reduction gearbox. According to Nidec, the new design delivers higher torque than earlier models – up to 3,900 N-m. Despite the… Read more »

Groupe PSA and Nidec form JV for automotive traction motors

Groupe PSA, owner of the Peugeot, Citroën, DS, Opel and Vauxhall brands, and Nidec Leroy-Somer, a French manufacturer of small precision motors, plan to form a joint venture to develop a range of traction motors for electrified vehicles. The 50/50 JV will receive an initial investment of €220 million ($262 million). The main components of… Read more »

Nidec and Embraer to jointly develop an electric propulsion system for the aerospace industry

Japanese electric motor manufacturer Nidec and Brazilian aircraft manufacturer Embraer have established a joint venture (JV) company, Nidec Aerospace, to develop electric propulsion systems for the aerospace sector. Nidec will own a 51% share of the JV and Embraer will own the remaining 49%. The newly-established company will develop and manufacture the electric propulsion system… Read more »

FREYR and Nidec finalize battery manufacturing JV, release results of cell testing

In September, FREYR Battery and Japanese electric motor producer Nidec announced plans to establish a downstream joint venture to produce battery modules and packs. Now the new JV, Nidec Energy, has been officially established. Mass production is expected to commence in 2025, and the goal is to manufacture more than 8 GWh per year of… Read more »