What Does The Tg Of ARALDITE And ARATHANE Thermosets Mean For Your EV Application?
DR Florian Gnaedinger, Sales Manager, HUNTSMAN
We will present the basic principles of the Tg and its relation to material properties below and above the Tg. For instance, the more flexible thermoset network above Tg directly impacts absorption of oil and water.
For our product range of epoxy and polyurethane resins, the Tg start at -60°C and can be as high as 200°C. This allows us to define 3 groups of materials:
1. Tg below the minimum operating temperature: Tg_MIN
2. Tg within the operating temperature: Tg_MID
3. Tg above the maximum operating temperature: Tg_MAX
For each group of material, we will give examples of typical EV applications and suitable products and production processes:
1. Tg_MIN casting resins for battery applications
2. Tg_MID potting and impregnation resins for stators and electronics
3. Tg_MAX potting and impregnation resins rotating parts like rotors
Now available to watch on-demand: Register for this webinar to watch a recording of the presentation and audience Q&A, and download the presentation slides.
All Sessions: October 2022 Conference
Free EV Engineering Webinars
The sessions from our Fall Virtual Conference are now available to view on-demand. Register for a session below to watch the recording and download the presentation.