Keysight Technologies is partnering with environmental technology company Proventia to develop battery testing systems. Each company is contributing key features to the jointly-developed test lab infrastructure.
- Keysight’s Scienlab battery testing system is designed for batteries up to 1,500 V. It uses high-voltage silicon carbide (SiC) technology, and achieves an energy recovery capability of 96%.
- Keysight’s Scienlab energy storage software controls and monitors test systems and lab components from the device under test, including the BMS and climate chambers.
- Keysight’s PathWave software manages workflow, data acquisition and handling.
- Proventia’s modular and location-independent test units allow customers to choose from several sizes of test chambers.
- Proventia’s test labs include climate chamber integration and control, liquid conditioning systems, air conditioning, a control room and device preparation space. Safety features include gas and fire detection, a facility alarm system and access control.
“Combining our experience and knowledge with Keysight has enabled Proventia to quickly deliver an optimized battery test lab that meets our customers’ specific needs,” says Jari Lotvonen, CEO of Proventia.
“Working with Proventia has enabled us to offer customers a modular, safe and fast-to-build test lab infrastructure equipped with Keysight’s sophisticated battery test solutions,” said Thomas Goetzl, Keysight VP. “This enables customers to accelerate time-to-market of their battery products without compromising performance, quality and test coverage.”